It’s almost Super Bowl time! I’m the first to admit, I watch it for the half time performance and the commercials. This year I guess I have a little bit of a stake since the Broncos are yelling, “Omaha!” every game. But really, give me some good food and a drink and I’ll be happy for whoever wins.
Speaking of good food I have an awesome Superbowl recipe to share with you guys today. Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt and Late July Organic Snacks were kind enough to send me some of their products in the mail, hoping I could create a recipe that would be good for game day. As a fan of game day snacks I was extra excited to create a snack that had a little less guilt and a little more protein than what’s typically served during football games. Both companies were so sweet to offer exactly what I received to a reader. (Be prepared for a gigantic box of chips!) And if you’re looking for something to do with the yogurt and chips read on for my cheesy garlic yogurt dip recipe.
Cheesy garlic yogurt dip
16oz Stonyfield nonfat plain Greek yogurt
5 cloves garlic
Small handful fresh tarragon
Small handful fresh chives
1 cup shredded mild cheese (I used goat gouda)
Salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, to taste
1/3 cut unsalted cashews (not roasted)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wrap garlic in parchment paper, and then wrap in aluminum foil
- Bake garlic at 425 for 45 minutes
- Remove and let cool to room temperature
- Mince herbs and set aside.
- Melt cheese in a microwave safe bowl (Heat on medium power for 15 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. Repeat until fully melted.)
- In a blender, combine Stonyfield yogurt, melted cheese, garlic, herbs, and cashews. Add salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste, and then blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish, garnish with more paprika, and then allow it to set in the refrigerator for an hour!
- When you’re ready to enjoy the dip serve cold and pair it with your favorite Late July chips!
There are so many amazing chip flavors. The Dude Ranch is my favorite so far, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that sweet potato bag. I’m a little obsessed.
I hope you like the dip. I am in love with it. It tastes so good you’d think it has to be really bad for you but it’s not. And bonus, I can stop myself before eating the entire dish because of all the protein it contains. You gotta love Greek yogurt!
If you would like to enter to win a case of Late July chips and coupons for free Stonyfield Greek yogurt simply leave a comment telling me who you’re rooting for at the Super Bowl this year. I’ll be picking a winner Friday morning so you have until Thursday evening (1/30) to enter to win. Good luck! 🙂