I can’t believe it’s already Friday! Time is flying. This Five Facts Friday is a little different than the rest. It’s Five Facts about Million Dollar Quartet, a Broadway play coming to Omaha. Read on to learn more about the show and enter to win tickets to see it for yourself.
1. Million Dollar Quartet is a Tony award winning Broadway play. It is a tale of broken promises, secrets, betrayal and celebrations featuring timeless hits.
2. On December 4, 1956, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins were gathered together by Sam Phillips, the “Father of Rock ‘n’ Roll.” Their recording session at Sun Records in Memphis was the first and only time they were all together. This is regarded as one of the greatest jam sessions of all time.
3. If you love music you will LOVE this play. I’m personally a huge Johnny Cash fan and can’t wait to see Folsom Prison Blues, I Walk the Line, and Ring of Fire performed. Those are iconic songs to me.
4. Million Dollar Quartet is part of the Omaha Performing Arts’ Broadway Series and will run Tuesday, February 18, through Sunday, February 23. Performances will be at Omaha’s Orpheum Theater on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, February 18, 19 and 20, at 7:30 p.m.; Friday, February 21, at 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, February 22, at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, February 23, at 1:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
5. Tickets start at $30 and are available online at TicketOmaha.com.
If this sounds like an event you’d enjoy make sure to enter below to win 4 tickets to opening night. (The value of the prize pack is $300!) I’d love to chat during intermission!