1. The College World Series starts today! While the games don’t start until tomorrow, today is the Opening Celebration. I love baseball and I love Omaha. There’s always so much fun stuff to do and the city gets excited about it all. Midwest living is pretty grand guys. I also love that I moved from the town that hosts the Little League World Series to the city that hosts the College World Series.
2. Another quintessential Omaha experience is Scooter’s Coffee. Have you heard of them? Before I moved to Omaha, I had no idea what a Scooter’s was. They’re huge in the Midwest, with one practically on every block in Omaha. People in Nebraska are die-hard Scooter’s fans, much like they are die-hard Husker fans. I appreciate this, since when I love something I don’t just love it, I LOVE it. So naturally, in our quest to embrace all-things-Omaha Josh and I jumped in head first.
3. Scooter’s has all the usual fancy coffee drinks and snacks, as well as yogurts and smoothies. To be honest, I’ve been keeping it simple with their plain hot coffees and plain iced coffee. I used to love all the fun concoctions, but I’m really trying to get my weight in check, so I’ve been going the plain coffee route to skip the calories while still getting the energy. It’s amazing how you start to appreciate the natural taste of things once you cut out the excess sugar. Scooter’s iced coffee is cold-pressed, too, so it has all of the rich coffee flavor I want, without the bitterness that often creeps into iced coffee.
4. To celebrate the College World Series, Scooter’s is running a #TeamScooters Instagram contest! If you have a Scooters near you, I really encourage you to enter. They’re giving away either free coffee for a year or tickets to see the College World Series Championship game. All you have to do is take a picture of your Scooter’s cup capturing the spirit of baseball (summertime grilling, family time, baseball games, cute little kids in little baseball outfits, etc.) and upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #TeamScooters. The contest ends this Tuesday the 16th.
5. Here’s my entry. Because Scooter’s is awesome, they’re offering an additional giveaway to Girl Gone Veggie readers. Here’s what you can win:
Scooter’s Prize Pack
- $15 Scooter’s giftcard
- 1 pack of Scooter’s new K-Cups. (They’re coming to stores this Monday – I can’t wait! I make coffee in my Keurig every morning. It’s so convenient when I’m trying to get ready while still being half-asleep.)
- 1 Scooter’s Koozie
- 1 Scooter’s Mug
How to enter (Do one or both of the following):
- Leave a comment letting me know your favorite summertime Scooter’s drink.
- Leave a comment with a link to your #TeamScooter’s Instagram entry.
Contest ends Tuesday, June 17th at 10pm CST.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Scooter’s Coffee. All thoughts and opinions are my own.