In two months and three days (!!!) I will be walking down the aisle to marry the love of my life! I can’t believe how fast time is flying. I feel like I should have been writing more updates along the way on my blog but truth be told pretty much everything fell into place pretty early on in the planning process. I feel like we’ve been coasting with wedding stuff for a few months while we worked on getting the other big things we have coming up in our life all sorted out.
Wedding planning can definitely be stressful but it is also so much fun. I’m so happy we have all the major details worked out, but now it’s time for us to start working on the smaller details.
Our two month to-do list includes:
- Collecting the rest of the response cards and creating a seating chart.
- Printing up the menus, place cards, table numbers, and I Spy game for the tables.
- Finalizing the centerpieces.
- Printing out signs for around the Atherton, the programs, the thumbprint tree, and the advice cards.
- Buying wine for the wine box.
- Finishing creating the flowers.
- Having my dress steamed.
- Heading to CT for a final hair and makeup test.
- Having my rings cleaned while in CT.
- Meeting with our venue to go over a schedule for the day.
- Meeting with the Mayor and go over what we would like in the ceremony.
- Deciding with Josh whether or not we would like to say our own vows.
- Meeting with the DJ to go over what songs we would like at the wedding.
- Finalizing a tribute to my Mom.
- Getting everything organized for the rehearsal dinner.
And I think that’s it! At least, I hope that’s it. I don’t know if we’re ahead of the game or behind the ball with what we have left on our to-do list. I need to start dedicating time on the weekends for Josh and I to check off some of the things on the list so that it doesn’t all overwhelm us in the end.
I’m so excited to become Mrs. Fairchild. I’m so excited to get to vow publicly in front of all of our family and friends to love him for the rest of my life. And I’m so excited for us to dance to this song together:
Question of the Day: Where were you in the planning process two months out from your wedding? Are you a plan everything in advance or wait until the last minute person? What were/are you most looking forward to at your wedding?