I’m looking forward to the weekend. Tonight I’m going to an apartment party with my friend Erin after work. Saturday Josh and I have our one year anniversary photo session, a workout with Jess, and a taco tour around South Omaha with some Yelp members. Sunday I have a baby shower, a brunch with Junior League, and a coffee date with Hannah! It’s going to be fun.
Here are five things I’m loving this Friday:
1. I am obsessed with the look of wire tie headbands. After months of admiring them from afar but never buying one myself (I feel like all headbands/bows/hats look weird on me), I saw a really cute one on Heather‘s blog. She inspired me to just go for it and try one out. I started browsing Etsy and came across this one that’s actually a wire tie bun headband. I think I’ll like this kind much more than the traditional headband version as my hair is very fine (and always in a bun) so I can get some added volume to my hair. I’ll be sure to share a picture once I get mine in the mail!
2. I shared the lyric version of this video a few months ago on a Friday Five post. Try is such a beautiful song with such an important message. Colbie Caillat just released the full music video for the song and the images are just as powerful as the words. When the woman took off her wig to reveal she was bald I almost started to cry.
3. Josh and I are loving watching Chuck together. This show ran from 2007-2012 on NBC. We’re binge watching episodes via Netflix and are really enjoying it. The best way I can describe it is a comedy-action-drama with heart. There’s a spy element, a love element, and just awesome character development. It sounds weird but it’s really nice getting into a show after it’s already over. I can watch the episodes as quickly as I want without having to wait a week for a new episode or deal with things like summer hiatus. Josh and I just started the third season and can’t wait to see what happens next.
4. Baby elephant! I seriously want to adopt and love all the animals in the world. They have the most beautiful souls. Sometimes I think I like animals more than people. Not all people, but a lot of them. 😉
5. Today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. If you’re willing to dress up like a cow you’ll get a free meal. If you come partially dressed as a cow you’ll get a free entree. (I can’t make this up.) I do not agree with Chick-fil-A’s business practices, but dang they know how to make some good chicken.
Question of the Day: What are you loving this Friday?