Happy Friday! Here’s 5 things I’m loving today:
1. Notice anything different? That blog name change I talked about finally happened. Girl Gone Veggie is now Her Heartland Soul! This was a long time coming. I love food, but felt limited and like I had outgrown that name. Her Heartland Soul is meant to be a place where I share a piece of myself with the world. It’s a place for thoughts, ideas, and discussions. It’s also a place to showcase how wonderful living in the Midwest is.
I absolutely love the name. Rebranding a blog you’ve had for nearly four years is harder than you’d expect. At least it was for me. I have to thank Hannah for the idea to take phrases with the word heart in it and replace it with heartland. (Hence: Heartland and Soul) Major thanks to Joanna, Molly, and Erin for all their feedback via endless Facebook chats. Huge thanks to Pavement Runner for suggesting taking the “and” out of it. (Heartland Soul) I felt like it needed to be personalized so I stuck a Her in front of it. And that is how Her Heartland Soul came to be. I put my heart and soul into this blog, so it feels very fitting.
I hired Jeff and Kevin to head up taking care of all the technical changes and creation of graphics. As always, they did a phenomenal job. My blog should redirect from all my old links, so if you like typing in Girl Gone Veggie, you’ll still wind up here. The graphics on my social media accounts and media kit will be updated shortly.
I have all new social media accounts. (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest) I just need to submit a letter to Facebook for them to change my Facebook Page name. Cross your fingers for me! Aside from reaching out to brands I work with to update my bio and links on their sites and writing a new About Me page I should be all good to go!
I would absolutely love any feedback you have!
2. This video. I have been listening to it on repeat for days. I hope she releases more awesome songs like this one.
3. 45 phenomenal moments that are the definition of perfect timing <— These photos blew my mind.
4. Not being itchy anymore! I mentioned in the Color Run post how I have been itchy all over for over a week. It was NOT fun and I’m pretty sure I looked like an absolute weirdo constantly scratching at myself in public. I went to the dermatologist and found out that my extremely sensitive skin got a heat rash as well as some sort of eczema. Long story short, annoying as it was, it’s nothing serious. I got a steroid shot in my butt, and now I’m good to go!
5. Blake Lively’s new website Preserve. I loved her since her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants days. While I was Team Blair on Gossip Girl, I have to admit that Serena totally won out in the awesome hair department. (And the husband department – hayy Ryan Reynolds!) Her website is a mix of fun, trendy, cultivated, authentic Americana. It’s different and fresh and I love it.
Questions of the Day: What are you loving this week? What do you think of my new blog name? Any fun weekend plans? I’m going to my first Yelp Elite event tonight and then going to a lake house party tomorrow! It’s going to be fun!