Happy Friday! I’m so excited it’s the weekend! Here’s five things I’m loving this week:
1. I am obsessed with Taylor Swift’s new song. I’ve danced around the living room to it more times than I care to admit. I love her. Even though I feel she’s gotten a little out of touch in the last few years, I still think we’d be best friends if we ever met. One day.
2. It is so hard to pursue your dreams and be told no. When I’m feeling a little discouraged I turn to inspirational quotes. I think this is one of the best.
3. After work today I’m heading to Kansas City for the weekend with Hannah and Joanna! It’s a girls trip! I am SO excited. We are going to have a blast. Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter for a live recap of all our fun shenanigans.
4. This is the definition of good coaching. Seeing this video as it made its way around Facebook made me nostalgic. I don’t get very nostalgic about Williamsport, but Little League is one of the town’s crown jewels. I wish I had been there to see this game in person and eat kettle corn on the grass while watching little kids slide down the hill on cardboard sleds. I’d drive down to the other end of the street and visit my parents house. I’d give them big hugs, and my puppies lots of kisses. I miss them all a lot.
5. Josh and I did the ice bucket challenge! And I challenge all of you!
ALS is a horrible disease. I knew about it from a friend whose brother was affected. Long story short you eventually lose all motor movement and speech abilities while still retaining all of your mental abilities. You’re an active brain inside a body that you can no longer control. It is horrible, and devastating, and something that needs a cure.
At the same time, Josh and I wanted to encourage people to donate to a charity that they feel personally passionate about. Every disease is devastating if you lose a loved one to it. We absolutely need to raise awareness about ALS. We also need to raise awareness about how much power a person has when he or she is passionate about a cause and brave enough to take a stand.
Questions of the Day: What is a cause you’re passionate about? Are you a Taylor Swift fan? What is your favorite inspirational quote?