Happy Friday! I hope the week has treated you well and you have some fun plans for this weekend. Josh and I are running a 10k (eep!) and hosting a party for his department at our apartment. Wish us luck on both accounts!
Here’s what I’m loving this Friday:
1. I had the pleasure of attending a wonderful blogger event at Plank Seafood Provisions on Tuesday. Omaha Bloggers were invited to try their happy hour menu and learn more about what Plank is all about. I enjoyed a whiskey lemonade, discovered some of the best mac and cheese in Omaha, and tried my first oyster! Their oysters are flown in fresh three times a week and are only $1 each during Happy Hour! That’s a crazy awesome deal!
Lisa of Midwest Mammas organized this event with Plank, and also worked with them to set up a Twitter party for next week! I hope you can make it to learn more about this awesome restaurant.
Here are the Plank Seafood Provisions Twitter Party details:
When: Sept. 29, 9 to 10 p.m. CST
Hosts: @AMomOnTheSide and @PlankSeafood
Prizes: (6) $15 Plank Seafood Provisions Gift Cards and (2) $50 Plank Seafood Provisions Gift Cards
What: Join us on Twitter to learn more about Plank Seafood Provisions and answer questions to win awesome prizes! You must RSVP, so head over to this website to register and then participate in the Twitter Party on Sept. 29 to win. If you’ve never done a Twitter Party before, follow the hosts and use the hashtag #PlankSeafood in your reply tweets. I hope to see you there!
2. I can’t even handle the cuteness that is Rafaelmantesso’s Instagram. I love his dog Jimmy Choo!
3. 7 food and fitness secrets – straight from the Rockettes! I mentioned a while back that I had the opportunity to interview the Rockettes about their food and fitness routines. It was an incredible experience that I learned a lot from. My post for the Omaha Performing Arts just went live and I am so excited to share it with you today!
4. I want this Anne Klein dress so badly. It’s 40% off right now and it’s taking everything in my willpower not to order it. (Because I never have to dress that fancy for work.) I’m still thinking it would be super cute for a holiday dinner. What are your thoughts?
5. Scandal is back!! It is ridiculous how much I love this show. Thankfully, two of my friends are just as crazy as I am about it, so we decided to have a Scandal party! My friend Erin has Olivia Pope-sized wine glasses. We filled them up and ate some popcorn while watching the season premiere. It was wonderful. But I am 100% #teamfitz.
Questions of the Day: Are you a Scandal fan? What are you loving this Friday? What’s your favorite type of seafood? (Mine is flounder.)