Happy Friday! I hope you’ve got an awesome weekend planned. I have a lot that I’m looking forward to, including a fun 20’s-themed Halloween party. I’m going to be a flapper! Here’s what I’m loving this week:
1. Have you heard of Bark Thins Pumpkin Seed Dark Chocolate? This stuff is amazing! I received some as part of a Fair Trade package and have not been able to put the bag down. It is so good. I also love that the company believes in fairly compensating all of its workers, from source to store. That’s a product I can get behind. I’m officially a Bark Thins fan and want to try all the flavors!
2. University of Nebraska Medical Center cured their second patient they were treating for Ebola! He was released from the hospital today. I’m so proud of Nebraska. And selfishly I am feeling very grateful the virus is contained as the hospital is less than three miles from my house. I know it is virtually impossible for me to catch Ebola but it is still an unsettling thought to have it so close to home.
3. Taylor Swift’s new song Welcome to New York (<—link to listen online, it’s not yet uploaded to YouTube) makes me seriously miss New York City. I love how the song is brimming with confidence and optimism and the air of possibility. I used to imagine after college I would move to NYC and live this fabulous, high-powered, fast-paced life. Obviously I’ve changed, and my dreams have changed, but the allure of New York City can be addicting. I’m really itching to take a vacation there soon.
4. Josh and I are going to see Blue Man Group tonight!! I am so excited. I have heard rave reviews about this show and can’t wait to experience it for myself! I’m hoping Josh and I can get a drink downtown beforehand and turn it into a fun little date night.
5. I have a quick little five question survey about my blog I’m hoping you guys could fill out for me. It should take no more than three minutes of your time and I would so appreciate it. I created it to try and get feedback about what you like and what you don’t like about Her Heartland Soul and to throw some potential new ideas around. I want to make this blog the best it can possibly be and know that’s through continued dialogue and discussion with you guys!
Questions of the Day: What are you loving this week? Is there a city you’ve always been drawn to? Any fun weekend plans?