Happy Friday! Here’s to another beautiful summer weekend to look forward to! I hope you enjoy it and get to rest, relax, and have a lot of fun! In the spirit of Friday, here’s what I’m loving this week:
1. It’s College World Series week in Omaha! Josh and I have made a few trips to the free outdoor beer gardens downtown and have really been enjoying all the excitement this event brings to the city. We had tickets to see Monday night’s Florida vs. Virginia game and had been looking forward to it for a while. The game was delayed two hours on Monday because of rain the night before (meaning we didn’t get home until after midnight), but we had so much fun. There’s something about a live game with cheering crowds that can’t be beat. I love that the College World Series is in Omaha and look forward to making this an annual tradition.
2. This song. So much yes. It has been on repeat all week for me. If you are in need of a good pump up song look no further. And if you need another reason to love Taylor Swift, check out what she did for Rachel Platten.
3. I am loving summertime grilling! I got together with Jordan and Hannah this week after work for some turkey burgers, wine, and girl talk. Is there anything better? Viva Diva sent me their pineapple and coconut flavored moscato to try and I was so excited to share it with the girls. I’m not going to lie, I love sweet wines, but I was nervous that the mixture of pineapple and coconut would make it too sweet for even me. It turns out I was worried for nothing. This moscato was delicious and went down like juice!
4. Have you heard the story of the little boy who lost his stuffed animal at the Tampa Bay Airport? It’s such a sweet story and made me feel all the feels.
5. I love having my nails done, but hate the fact that when I do them myself they start chipping after a few days. And as much as I love professional pedicures and manicures, I’m way too cheap to go to them done on the regular. I was more than a little bummed earlier this week when my professional pedicure started chipping after just a few days. It felt like I had burned $30. After sadly removing all the polish from my toes I decided to repaint them myself and try out the new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel products I have been hearing so much about.
If you’ve never had gel nails before, it’s like getting your nails painted like you regularly would at a salon but putting them under a UV lamp in between each coat. By the time the last coat is applied your nails are rock hard and you don’t have to worry about them smudging or chipping at all. It’s more expensive than a regular polish treatment, so I’ve only had it done for my wedding. While I absolutely loved the results, a) I’m cheap, and b) I’ve read some bad things about how high those UV lamps are turned up for gel nails and that over time you could be exposing yourself to way too much ultraviolet light from them. As a cheap pale person with a family history of skin cancer, I figured gels were a one and done experience for my wedding.
When I found out about the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel products I was instantly intrigued. They don’t set under a UV lamp, but rather just from the natural sunlight around you. You paint your nails a color and then set it with a special top coat. You don’t have to expose yourself to any extra UVs and you get all the benefits of gel nails? Sign me up! I painted my toes Rum Punch and am as pleased as punch with how they turned out! The color is gorgeous and they look like I had them professionally done! It has been a week and there have been no smudges or chips to speak of. Yay for pretty nails! I’m so glad I finally found a polish that works for me!
Questions of the Day: What are you loving this Friday? Are you a fan of sweet wines? Do you tend to paint your nails, leave them alone, or get them done at a salon?
P.S. See you tomorrow for a new Saturday Shares!