Between Hanukkah and Christmas we are in the thick of holiday celebrations over here. ‘Tis the season to be jolly. And stuffed. And busy. And a bit overwhelmed. But most of all in love with the season and all the fun it brings.
Every year I love to put together gift guides to help you guys shop for your loved ones. You may have noticed I’ve been a little light on them this year and that is intentional. I am really working on giving meaningful gifts and prioritizing experiences over things.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the “buy all the things!” mentality. While shopping is fun, it’s easy to spend more than you intend and wind up with closets full of things you don’t need. Josh and I have taken intentional gift giving to heart this year and are looking to give each other gifts we really want while keeping our long term savings goals and experiences > things mentality in mind.
So if you are looking for gift ideas for a special woman in your life, here are some of my very favorite picks. They are cozy, they are whimsical, they are indulgent, they are enriching, and they are special enough that they hopefully won’t get discarded to the back of the closet come January.
Holiday Gift Guide: For Her
- Balloons Over Central Park Artwork – Artwork is always worth the investment to me. This photograph has just the right amount of whimsy to make it the perfect addition to any home.
- Ninja Coffee Bar Carafe – You have not lived until you have made your own milk foam for your coffee drink. Josh and I feel like we have our own little Starbucks at home thanks to this bad boy.
- Lamo Sheepskin Bootie – I wear these around the house nonstop. They are cute and they are comfy and they keep my feet warm all winter.
- Vosges Chocolate Truffles – I’m of the mentality that if you’re going to get someone chocolate as a gift you should get them the really good stuff. And Vosges is really good stuff.
- One Day in December Book – This feel-good romantic comedy is Reese Witherspoon’s book club pick for December. It’s number one on my reading list this month.
- The Chef and The Dish Cooking Class – If you want to really give someone an experience this Christmas, give them this cooking class. You choose from a wide array of specialty dishes and then are matched with a chef from the region of the world where those dishes originated. Through the magic of Skype, you cook in your kitchen while your chef cooks in theirs. You learn authentic techniques and have an absolute blast while you cook some seriously delicious dishes.
- Soapstone Sautee Pan – This handmade pan is not only beautiful, it is versatile. It will become a kitchen staple.
- Ugg Wharf Knit Throw Blanket – These are my very favorite blankets. They’re heavy, they’re thick, and they feel like absolute heaven when you’re wrapped up in one on a cold day.
- Drunk Elephant Babyfacial – This at-home facial is so good it has been rated salon-level quality. Give the gift of good skin.
- Anthropologie Fauna Fete Mug – You can never have too many mugs. This reindeer mug might be one of the cutest I have ever seen.
Questions of the Day: Are you done with your holiday shopping? Which of these items do you love most?