I’m so excited it’s Friday! I have a lot to do this weekend. I want to work on some blog things and get down to business planning our upcoming trip to Hawaii. I also want to go for a run and rock another Zumba class. The weather is supposed to be beautiful!
1. Speaking of Zumba, we cooled down to this song last week and it seriously made my day. It’s so positive and so powerful. I’ve been listening to it on repeat all week.
2. Yesterday I attended a cooking class at Chef2 with some fellow Omaha Bloggers. Chef2 sells high-quality, nutritious oils and vinegars. We learned how to make dressings, pasta sauce, and balsamic reductions. There was a 6:30, a 7, and a 7:30pm class. All of them were sold out! I went to the 6:30pm class while Josh went to the 7:30pm class. We both loved it. The owners are so nice and so passionate about what they do. They’re married and she is a nutritionist while he is a chef. That sounds like the perfect combination for this business if you ask me. We left with a pear balsamic, chocolate balsamic, espresso salt, and truffle salt. Truffle salt with a little bit of olive oil on good bread is an amazing snack. I could actually eat it as a meal. ;p
3. After learning some yummy new recipes Joanna, Hannah, and I decided to head across the street and grab dinner at Grey Plume. Grey Plume is my favorite restaurant in Omaha. I could eat this veggie sandwich for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was so excited to get to introduce Joanna and Hannah to the restaurant and this sandwich. It got approval from everyone. Midtown Crossing is such an amazing part of Omaha with so much to do and see. I feel so lucky that I live so close to it.
4. LOFT had a flash sale the other night. I don’t know how I found out about it but I’m so glad I did. They were offering an extra 60% off all their markdowns for one night only. I got these eight beautiful pieces for $200 with free shipping. Score! I find I tend to either love everything LOFT has in the store or hate all of it. This season I’m definitely loving everything.
5. NuttZo is running an incredible sale right now. They’re switching from plastic to glass jars so they’re discontinuing all their old ones. The plastic they used is BPA free and all that good stuff. It’s also only $5 a jar until they fully phase out their old stock. I stocked up on one of each flavor! They have to be eaten by July but the way I love to smear almond butter on a sweet potato or in oatmeal, I don’t think it will be a problem. ;p
Question of the Day: What’s on your mind this Friday?